CASOP Conference during the Covid-19 Pandemic
The Canadian events community is facing unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are in uncharted territory as we navigate through the first global pandemic to occur in the age of heightened connectivity. Right now, conferences are nearly impossible to hold – both logistically, due to travel restrictions, and as a matter of public health.
Despite the ban on large gatherings, connection and social interaction are still an integral part of human life. Businesses have found novel and innovative ways to bring people together to share experiences, while still adhering to social distancing rules and guidelines. COVID-19 restrictions have forced us to rely on technology to connect with others.
CASOP has decided to hold a virtual conference for our Spring 2021 event using the Microsoft Teams platform to host the Spring 2021 Webinar. Please register for our virtual conference and we look forward to seeing everyone again in person once it is safe to do so.
Thank you for your interest in the CASOP conference.
The registration for the Fall 2021 CASOP Conference is not yet open. It is expected to be available in late August 2021.
Please check the website regularly for updates on our Fall 2021 Conference registration details.
CASOP MAY 17-18, 2021
Safety, Looking to the Future-Collaboration
Microsoft Teams (1200-1600 Eastern Daily)
(Agenda is subject to change without notice.)
May 17 Schedule
- 12:05 – 12:50 Seeking a Sustainable Future for The Air Transport Sector – Dr Suzanne Kearns-University of Waterloo
- 12:50 – 13:05 CASOP Action Item Review
- 13:25 – 14:25 Runway Safety Action Team
- 14:45 – 16:00 Break Out Sessions (Simultaneously)
Break Out #1 RSAT/Ground Ops
Break Out #2 Industry Safety/SMS Improvements
May 18 Schedule
- 12:05 – 13:00 Break Out Session Wrap Up and Discussion
- 13:20 – 14:20 RPAS and AI – What it means for all of us
Anne-Sophie Riopel-Bouvier Unmanned Systems Canada
- 14:40 – 14:55 Similar Call Sign Update – Kris McGeough NAV CANADA
- 14:55 – 15:15 SMS Operations for all? – Bob Palmer Air Canada
- 15:15 – 15: 35 SMS Operations for all? John Ventresca – GTAA
- 15:35 – 15:55 VP & Chief Safety and Quality Officer – NAV CANADA Diana Kelly
Meet, chat, call, and collaborate in just one place.
Microsoft Teams is for everyone
- Instantly go from group chat to video call with the touch of a button.
- Securely connect, access, share, and coauthor files in real time.
- Stay organized by keeping notes, documents, and your calendar together.
Learn how to use Microsoft Teams
Tips and tricks
Microsoft Teams for Education
Future CASOP Conferences
CASOP October 4-6, 2021 – NAV Centre, Cornwall, ON
CASOP Spring 2022 – Toronto, ON
CASOP October 25-27, 2022 – Fairmont Empress, Victoria, BC
CASOP Spring 2023 – Winnipeg, MB